Thursday, July 5, 2012

Drama Free Zone

Why is it that some people just thrive on drama? Living a life in recovery from depression can be dramatic enough as it is. I look for ways to bring calmness and stability to my life, not strive to turn it upside down.

I am fortunate to have numerous friends who have been tremendously supportive of my journey as I strive to recover from depression. It has been a bumpy road, spiritually, financially and socially. The journey has been filled with stellar friendships and unfortunately a few duds.

I have no place for over dramatic people in my life. I need stable people, emotionally and spiritually to help me get myself in a better place. Recovery is hard work without the downward pull of a drama infused life. That downward pull of drama can be utterly destructive.

I take this time to thank all of those supportive people in my life who have made the difference between life and death. You all know who you are and how much you have done for me. Without your presence, guidance and support I would be lost and most likely gone from this world.

I also take this time to send a message to all of the drama seekers out there. Please move on to someone who enjoys the games and manipulation. I don't have the energy or the time to engage in the dramatic gameplay.