Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sunny Disposition

After last weeks ECT, I had a wonderful weekend. I visited with friends and even played a game of golf. My spirits were light and sunny. I felt optimistic and very cheery.

ECT has really done wonders, with proper medication management of course. There is no replacement for a complete medication evaluation and program. The medications are still helping and needed.

I'm currently on 20mg of Propranolol, 200mg of Lamictal and 5mg of Abilify daily. While the low dose of Abilify is quite low in terms of possible doses it is providing a boost without producing the nasty side effects the 10mg dose left me fighting.

I am also taking a sleep aide, Doxepin, due to the problems I had developed in regards to falling and staying asleep. The fight with depression requires one to combat sleep problems and ensure a full and restful sleep pattern. I have achieved this and find myself achieving eight hours of sleep each night. There really is nothing quite as good as a good nights rest.

Hand in hand with good sleep is plenty of sun. Vitamin D from the sunshine is another great depression fighter. Whether I find myself playing golf, walking or riding my bike, soaking up the sun is vital. Sun worship is crucial to a healthy battle with depression, it really fights the blues. Get out there and soak up some rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment