Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bipolar II

So it does appear that bipolar II mixed state will be the correct diagnosis for my condition. Typical bipolar involves manic episodes that I don't experience. Rather, my mania or manic episodes involve agitation and irritability.

This explains a great deal for me in regards to my own feelings during my decline into hospitalization. My level of day to day agitation was growing at alarming rates. Mixed with my deep and dark depressed state I also experienced pronounced periods of high energy mixed with agitation and irritability.

My next step will be to formally address this with my primary medication manager. It would appear that a change is in order. My current medication regiment has not been as effective over the past few weeks. Possibly a change will be needed to move from my current course into one that can better manage my depressed agony while also taming some of my agitation and irritability.

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment