Sunday, June 26, 2011

Transitions

One guarantee in living with depression is that you will encounter numerous transitions in your life. Since being diagnosed with depression and being hospitalized in April I have had a number of transitions.

Hospitalization for one. Fourteen days of being hospitalized in a mental health facility will have you facing many new hurdles. I managed to keep my job, was introduced to a whole new vocabulary and was faced with having to make life changes to help my recovery with depression.

Once outside of the hospital I had to deal with a number of personal transitions. The loss of my relationship with my partner, a strained relationship with my teenage children, the loss of my home and my dogs. I have also been faced with transitioning into a life of mental illness. Another transition has been facing work with depression, as my depression is still not under control I am faced with extremely tough days.

For me they are all extremely difficult to cope with. Especially as of recently having my diagnosis expanded or changed. Mixed State Bipolar is another transition for me to wade through and cope with. I'm still coming to terms with that one. Nothing has been finalized yet, but it is beginning to add up and make a great deal of sense to me.

I'm sure over the next few weeks there will be many more transitions. I'm confident that I have the right supports in place, both professionally and personally, so I know things will work out.

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment