Monday, September 5, 2011

A New Found Hope

Another long weekend is drawing to a close and I have a glimmer of hope that life can improve. It is just a small glimmer, one that needs to be protected from anything that might snuff it out, but it is there deep down welling up inside.

I have so many changes in my life mixed with so many losses that at times I don't know where to begin. One step at a time is often said to me by family and friends, but where do I step first?

I have some imminent issues facing me that will preoccupy much of my time in the next month. Once that issue is resolved I feel like a major hurdle will be cleared and some healing can begin.

I have new found aspirations of returning to school for my masters degree. I came from the social service field and would like to return to that direction with my life. I would like to pursue a Master of Social Work degree with an emphasis on counseling. Sales have helped pay the bills for some time now, but I am left feeling rather unfulfilled. We spend so much time at work that our vocation needs to refuel us to some degree.

At the end of my work day and week I am currently feel used up and spent. I long to feel a sense of satisfaction from the work I do. I'm tired of feeling that my work life is whipping past with nothing to show for my efforts. A return to school will also help nurture my need to better myself and climb out from this sickness. My first step is to speak with my local colleges and determine a game plan. I feel a growing undercurrent of excitement and new found hope. Where there is a will there is a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment