Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Pain of Grief

Breaking up is terribly difficult, especially when you still deeply are in love with the person. The separation and pain can be intense.

The tangible feelings of pain from the grief over a loss are enormous and physical in nature. Each day the waves and pangs of grief bring physical sensations of true pain.

Pain radiates from my chest and into my left arm. Some days the pain is firmly lodged in my throat, cutting back my voice and speech. Other days a numbing sensation and prickling pain coarse up my neck and into my head.

The lucky days are when my chest just aches as if my heart is about to stop. Those days, of the aching pain centered in my chest, are the easiest to wade through. The worst days are when the pain invades my throat. The pain is crippling and speech is an absolute struggle. My phone rings and paralysis sets in preventing me from picking up and simply speaking.

Time is said to be a great healer, I'm a skeptic today. There is a part of me that feels the love for my lost partner is so great that the pain will never subside. I feel as if the intensity will remain, relentlessly tugging me down as I suffer through this loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment