Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Climb

It has been 5 days since switching my medications. I believe I am now on the right track. I don't believe I'm battling traditional depression.

I now believe that Bipolar II with Mixed State is the correct diagnosis. It is important to get the diagnosis correct because traditional antidepressant medications can worsen traditional depression.

The reason I floundered and worsened for so long is that the traditional antidepressants could have been fueling the depression and agitation.

Since backing off the Lexapro I can feel my agitation and irritability lessening. Each day I feel a little bit more of a relief from those symptoms. Each day I feel a little bit clearer and less tied in knots.

As the Lexapro is continued to be cut back I may need to add another medication. Lithium would be the drug of choice as it is exceptional at helping people with my disorder. It is a very good mood stabilizer and does not have the potential problems of a traditional antidepressant.

Today feels brighter and more hopeful. I plan on continuing my walking schedule, that must also be helping. The day is bright and sunny so a walk in the forest is due.

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment