Saturday, August 20, 2011

Seeking Questions

Everyone seeks answers to the questions they formulate in their minds. Jon Kabat-Zinn recommends seeking questions through the process of inquiry in our daily meditations.

He equates the process to allowing our minds to formulate questions and then sitting and watching as they flow like a river around the rocks within. We sit listening, watching as our questions move about swirling and flowing past. We aren't tied to selecting the right answer, rather by watching as our questions dip and dive about the answers will make themselves clear to us.

This of course requires time and patience. The time has not been a problem as I have blocked my meditations to very convenient times morning and night. The patience however is a challenge. My life is in chaos and disarray and I want answers desperately. I hunger for answers to my problems and nothing comes as of yet.

I follow Jon's advice and continue to seek questions, ponder the questions over and over, continue to ask and dig deep below the immediate surface. I know in time clarity will arrive and answers will fall into place. For me now there is alot of time simply being present in an uncomfortable state that will eventually pass. One hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment