Thursday, August 4, 2011

Transitions

So, I'm feeling a little better today. In large part because I met with my therapist and he sheds some great light on my current situation. I mustn't rush to try and feel better by flying past crucial stages of grieving.

My underlying agitation could well be stemming from my current state of multiple transitions. Everything in my life is in transition; home, relationship, work, pets and my health.

Any one of these life situations could cause a person undo stress and agitation. Add them all together and it's no surprise that I'm climbing out of my skin.

His recommendation is to continue to meditate and find moments of joy in my current life. Things like pizza with friends, golf night, and motorcycle rides need to be points of highlighted joy and thankfulness. I also need to embrace my time alone, as painful as it is right now. Until I can be truly comfortable in my own skin all alone I won't be any good to anyone else.

For me right now that is the hardest time. Time spent alone brings up so many painful feelings. I need to come to terms with those feelings and cycle through the grief. If I don't I may well end up getting stuck. I need to stop pushing the sad feelings down when they arise, instead I need to embrace them in the moment, feel them, process them and try to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment