Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mountain Biking

In an effort to combat my depression and other effects of my condition I returned to daily walks a few weeks back. Walking is great but can become rather dull.

So, in an effort to fight off the boredom of daily walks I have begun using my mountain bike as an alternative. There is really something magical about riding a bike. Riding a bike captures such joy and freedom that it is hard to put into words.

I use the bike on the weekends, as it is difficult to fit into my schedule during the weekdays. I rode ten miles Saturday and fifteen miles today. Riding was a real blast. The cadence of the pedals and the spin of the wheels just feels great. So different from walking.

Riding on the weekends feels like I'm treating myself to something special. Biking, compared with walking, feels like I'm spoiling myself. I feel like my legs are getting a much better workout when I bike and my cardio feels better too.

All in all, whether it is my daily weekday walks or weekend bike rides, the exercise is helping me to feel better slowly but surely. So I will continue both religiously as my recovery is top priority.

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment