Sunday, August 7, 2011

Walking

So, sliding into Friday I realized I was feeling abit better. The migraines were gone, my depression seemed to have eased some and my agitation was manageable, to a degree.

I decided I needed to increase my energy by refocusing attention on exercise. I resumed daily walks for an hour. I had eased my walks back to only a few times per week due to work and other stresses.

It is tremendously simple to walk when you are feeling good. It is unbelievably difficult to walk when energy is low, depression is in full swing and my agitation is sky high. Throw into the mix bad weather and challenges begin to mount. But no more excuses. I will walk daily for one hour.

They say exercise is critical for combating depression. I know there is truth to that because when my walking schedule was at its fullest of every day per week I was feeling better. We had a stretch of extremely hot and wet weather that derailed my schedule. I don't feel that led entirely to my downward turn, but it may have been contributing.

So, one hour per day for seven days a week. I walk in the city forest as there are a number of directions and loops to take. Not to mention they have a great bog walk on a man made wooden walkway. Walking on the wooden bog walk is truly wonderful with numerous pretty sights to see. Plus the sound of my footfalls on the wooden surface is exceptionally therapeutic, almost trancelike and peaceful.

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment