Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hope

Living with depression is a never ending see saw. Some days feel utterly hopeless while others feel entirely hopeful! Today was an entirely hopeful day.

I had an especially good day at work, followed by a great evening with friends playing golf. There really wasn't anything especially good that stood out for me, rather it was a day of feeling miraculously normal!

I didn't contemplate suicide once during the day. I also didn't feel ill at anytime during the course of my day. Instead I felt really mundanely normal. Actually almost boring. No suicide, no depression, no abnormal feelings. Refreshing!

I felt like I could get used to being just a regular person. A regular person who just wanted to live a normal life. A normal life free from drama. A life lived like an normal everyday working stiff. A life lived free from depression and mental illness. A guy could get used to that.

The brightest event for me came as the day was drawing to an end. I felt excited about tomorrow. A tomorrow for no good reason other than it was another day full of possibilities. Another day full of potential goodness and good things. A day full of hope. Till tomorrow.

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment