Monday, June 20, 2011

The Intruder

In other posts I have referred to depression as the entity. A force that lies within that I try on a daily basis to live with. Some days are good and some days are bad.

A friend has suggested I think of my depression as an intruder. This makes sense because my line of work is designing security systems. On a daily basis I try and keep the bad guys out.

I understand how to keep a physical intruder out. This is relatively easy for me. Now I don't want to give all of my secrets aways, so suffice to say that it is imperative to have strong perimeter protections. While the perimeter is important it is also vital to pay attention to the core. You must pay attention to the central areas where an intruder may sneak in, from above or below.

The physical intruder is easy, the emotional intruder however is not. I feel right now I am the weakest I have ever been. My mind, my body and my voice all feel weak. I don't feel like I have the strength to put up a defense from depression, I feel it is almost easier to try and live with it. But I will work to secure my emotional perimeter from depression.

I will begin by incorporating some added visual imagery to my daily meditations. I will give my intruder a voice and a name in order to secure him outside of my safe zone. I will attempt to banish depression to the outskirts of who I am as a person. I will refuse to let him in. I will secure my perimeter. I will undoubtedly keep you all informed of my progress.

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment