Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Recreation

Recreation. For people recovering from depression, recreation and social engagements are highly encouraged. I for one would prefer not to do either, of course that is the depression trying to have me isolate so it can feed. The depression has such a tight grip that all I want to do is be alone. I know this is toxic.

So, I am going to borrow a friends set of clubs and begin playing golf each week with my friends from work. Nine holes of sheer mayhem. It is a marginal monetary investment, nine dollars for nine holes, and a borrowed set of clubs.

The game, as I posted earlier, is all about being present. It will help me fight the urge to isolate. Not to mention the social element of hanging with my friends over the course of nine holes. It will be excellent therapy and a ton of fun to boot.

It will also be great mindfulness practice, remaining present to the ball and my friends. I am really looking forward to it and will keep you all informed of my progress. It should be interesting!

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment