Saturday, June 18, 2011

Looking For Beauty

The Fall by Matt June 2011
Being in the midsts of fighting depression can leave one with tunnel vision. It is hard at times to see past the pain, loneliness and anxiety to the beauty that rests often times right at our doorstep.

As I begin to use my camera as I recover from this illness, it forces me to lay to rest to my worries even for just a little while. The camera has me beginning to look at my surroundings in a very different way. A very promising and hopeful way.

Simple items that I used to take for granted I now see abit clearer. My focus has changed to the outward and my painful inward examinations can be put on hold. It is very refreshing.

Water has a tremendous draw for me. I believe in part it is due to my current readings about mindfulness. Water, such as flowing streams or tranquil ponds have deep meaning in the world of meditation. The tranquil ponds are what we strive for our minds to encounter, the stillness of peace. The flowing rivers are used by me to allow my thoughts to drift past without my trying to arrest or encumber them.

As I continue to blog about my recovery and progress with depression I plan to use more original photos. I would like to reach a point where I only use my own creations. The creative process for me, including this blog, is extremely important to my recovery.

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment