Sunday, July 24, 2011

Abilify

It has been six days since I began taking an increase in Abilify. I feel like it may be making a difference, but I am still on Lexapro. The Lexapro may be accentuating some irritability and anxiousness.

My depression feels like it is improving. However, I am still feeling pretty revved and irritable. It won't be clear what is causing this until I scale back the Lexapro.

I don't feel anymore of an increase in the anxiousness and irritability which is a good sign. That would have indicated the Abilify is the cause, whereas it appears it is the high dosages of Lexapro.

Bipolar II Mixed State seems to respond best to drugs like Abilify and it fairs rather poorly with a high dosage of antidepressants. Antidepressants can trigger the hypomania that causes so many problems. Such as irritability, anxiousness, low self esteem and self loathing.

It will be nice to move away from the antidepressants as they have some very unpleasant side effects. The drug Abilify has very few and it will be nice to feel more like myself without the nasty effects of Lexapro. Things like dry mouth, headaches and other effects that leave me feeling out of sorts with myself.

I will begin scaling back the antidepressants in a few weeks. The Abilify will hopefully help keep the depression and suicidal thoughts at bay. The antidepressants will be out of my system and I should be feeling worlds better. One can only hope.

Take Care Of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment