Monday, May 23, 2011

Day Four: Virginia to North Carolina

Sunshine! Yes, you heard me. Sunshine! I awoke after a night of heavy thunderstorms to a bright cool morning. I was fortunate to have bright sunshine the majority of the trip to North Carolina. The sun really kept my depression pretty much in check too.

I snapped a few photos as I left Harrisonburg Virginia. The sun soon went behind a milky sky and the bright blue disappeared. But the temperature for riding was nice and the traveling was very good.

Once I arrived in Maggie Valley my depression returned. I am trying to talk myself up, but it is a tough job. In part the motel is not great. I need to move to a new place that will help with my mood.

I'm not sure why the depression returned so heavily. My days are full, but I am getting plenty of sleep. I'm actually eating well too, even though I'm on the road. I'm active, as riding the bike is very physical. I'm even practicing positive self talk! Oh, and my medication routine is going well. The only thing I can think of is that I'm not drinking enough water.

I hope this passes as I work to keep positive. Here is to the sun, may she stick around for a few days and not be so fickle!

Take care of yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Matt, the Entity wants you down, wants you to accept his distorted view as reality. Unfortunately, even though you know the entity lies, his poisen can be so seductive. It can feel like the entity is telling the truth but feelings aren't facts. Know this, the Buddha said, "You yourself as much as anyone in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." Be easy withyourself. Stand back just a little and notice, "Ah yes, my old advisary the Entity is visiting again. Soon he will depart and take this twisted version of the truth with him."

    Remember dear friend, never, never, never, never, never, never,never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee!

    I had a much better day today. The sun was shining brightly which really helped me a great deal.

    Thank you for the kind words!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete