Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day Three: Connecticut to Virginia

Ferns by Matt May 2011
Day three and 500+ miles are behind me. The weather started out from Connecticut with heavy fog, mist and periodic rain showers. My mood matched the weather, I really wanted to crawl back into bed and isolate. I fought those isolating urges and got dressed and hit the road.

The ride was a great deal of fun, even though the rain and fog were relentless. I wasn't able to take any photos as the weather just didn't play along with me. I struggled today with my mood too. I felt like quitting a number of times, but just kept plugging along and tried to continue to think positively.

I am always amazed at the roller coaster depression can take me on. I can talk myself to a positive place and depression will sweep in and the entity brings me down, down, down. I am getting better at stopping things earlier, but the negative self talk can really sweep in and consume me.

My evening ended on a good note, talks with my sister and mom. Plus I also found a great little spot in Harrisonburg Virginia called Jack Brown's Burger and Beer Pub.

I hope tomorrow is clear with no raindrops and that I can keep depression contained.

Take care of yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment