Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day Two: Rest Day In Connecticut

Cascade by Matt May 2011
Today was a very pleasant rest day from riding before my next phase of the journey. I awoke to sunshine cascading into the guest bedroom at my sister's home. This did wonders to fight off  my depression. We had a nice leisurely morning with a great afternoon of sightseeing, picture taking and eating some great local and home cooked food!

The rains returned pretty quickly but my depression did not. I struggled in the late afternoon, but was able to rebound quite well. I think the fun of being with my sister and the excitement of my trip ahead is doing wonders for me.

I was able to keep the depression at bay for the entire day and can only now feel it trying to slip into my consciousness. I will end my day with my mindfulness exercise and head to bed. Tomorrow will be a full nine hours in the saddle.

Till tomorrow, take care of yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment