Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day Six: Reflections

Reflections by Matt May 2011
Day six and I will be heading north toward home. My first stop will be Harrisonburg Virginia. This will be a nice half way point to Connecticut and my sister. The weather looks abit iffy, with AM fog and drizzle and then afternoon thunderstorms.

Today was a sunny hot day with temperatures in the mid 90's, yes mid 90's. I met some wonderful riders and had a great relaxing day on the bike. In total, I covered about 375 miles. The surroundings are gorgeous, with rambling rivers, mountains and incredible vistas.

My mood has been OK. Today was another one of those waves of depression days. I have a great deal to sort out upon my return and I found my self preoccupied with the details throughout my riding and conversations. I know Tony would tell me to stay in the present. Great advice that I need to heed.

For me staying in the present right now is very challenging. I know I need to but the details have a way of piling up and overwhelming. I know, one step at a time, stay focused on the now and not the tomorrow or what ifs.

Today was also a painful day of loss for me. I miss my partner. I miss her terribly. I miss her smile, touch, voice and her presence. It hurts badly and takes root in my thoughts. I know in  time these feelings will subside, but for now they consume me.

Take Care of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment