Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day Seven: North Carolina to Virginia

Cherokee Valley by Matt May 2011
Day seven and my return trip begins at 7:00AM. I have decided to ride some of the Blue Ridge Parkway back toward Virginia. I had hoped for some clear skies. My sister loves photos and I wanted to have some to show her on my return trip.

My mood was better this morning. When I think of my partner, my heart still aches but it is not as crippling as it was yesterday. Grief is better than depression anyday, but the fresh, just got sliced rawness of new grief is very difficult to deal with.

Depression is so neutral. So numb. It takes away all feeling and energy, motivation and hopes. It destroys from within so slowly that major changes can occur without self awareness. One day you just feel like utter crap and don't know why. The why is depression. It has shifted the balance in small increments until one day you fall off the table!

The ride was really very nice. The photo is one from the Parkway in North Carolina near Maggie Valley. The haze was like thick gauze bandages blocking out the spectacular views. But I snapped a few. The pictures don't do the area justice. It is beauty at every bend in the road. Just the thing to keep spirits high.

Take Care of Yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment